Saturday, December 28, 2013

Santa Monica, CA

December 28, 2013

Here we are...we are actually in a really nice neighborhood tucked in the city.

Today we went to the Santa Monica Pier.  There were a lot of things on it.  There was even some rollercoasters!  Ollie’s twin brother and sister, Henry and Mimi, were crying so much.  I sped up a little to get away.  We went down to the beach and I started skim boarding.  I let Oliver try but he wasn’t as good as me.  When my back started getting sore, I wanted to stop.  We went back up and went to the In ‘n’ Out Burger for lunch.  We started watching Star Wars when we got back.  I used the twins’ building blocks to make a tower.  Mimi helped, but Henry knocked it down.  I was sad when we had to go.  I wouldn’t see Ollie again for a long while.  As we drove away, I kept yelling goodbye out the window, as he chased us on the sidewalk yelling it too. 

~Jack



LA is happening! Everyone is out and about enjoying the beautiful December weather!  I love the hustle and bustle of the city and I can see why so many people gravitate here.

We enjoyed the day with Ollie's, his parents Kristie & Dave, along with the twins, Henry & Mimi.  We spent the day in Santa Monica at the Pier.  I had no idea that this was the end of the trail!  I guess we need to turn Left and begin the long journey home...see you in April! LOL  Actually, we have no idea how long it will take to get home.  As it is, we can barely make a plan 24 hours in advance!





Jack got in a bit more skim boarding...


We all enjoyed a late lunch/dinner at In n Out Burgers.  I never thought I would get Scott to eat there, but upon further reconnaissance, he believed he would get real food. It was good, especially the chocolate milkshake!


Tyler is feeling pretty cool in LA! 

haha I had to borrow Dave's hat...time for some maintenance!


That's all for now...I am very excited about today but you will just have to read about it later!

~Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment