Saturday, December 21, 2013

Santa Barbara, CA


We moved on to Santa Barbara yesterday, although we could have definitely spent more time in Pismo Beach, we had made reservations in advance that we could not change. Don't get me wrong, every place is more beautiful than the next!  I pinch myself everyday that we are so lucky to be doing this trip.  It has been so great and everyone is so happy together.  Someday, I will be wishing for these days back.  For now, I just try to journal this adventure so I won't forget and enjoy it for as long as it goes on.


It doesn't take them long to get on their bikes!
Nice walk into the State Park.

We are about 15 minutes north of Santa Barbara at El Capitan Canyon resort.  They have a beautiful heated outdoor pool and hot tub, great views of the ocean, biking trails etc. All the boys went for a swim and I went for a hike down to the beach for the sunset.  It was a bit further than I had expected, maybe next time I will take my bike.



The office has a store that sells incidentals you might have forgotten, beer, wine, firewood and S'more kits! Last night was the first time we were able to have a nice fire outside, for Tyler, last night was "EPIC"! Jack got the fire started with flint and some cotton balls with petro jelly on them.  He was pretty excited...using the skills he learned in Cub Scouts!




The moonrise was pretty cool...coming up over the canyon.  I do use the application The Photographers Ephemeris or TPE daily! I gives me sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset info and points me in the right direction everytime!
Jack enjoying some hot chocolate.
I set my camera up and wait!

Looks like we are going to stay here for Christmas. Lots of questions about Santa and I think if we just stay put, he will be able to find us! We have been quite elusive so far!

~Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment