Monday, December 30, 2013

Hanging out with Jodi & Dale in San Clemente!

December 20, 2013

Moving along from LA, which I loved, we continued on down the Pacific Coast Highway thru all these great small beach towns.  I would love to spend at least a week in every one.  Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach really caught my eye and I think that I will have to insist on driving back North a bit to revisit those beach towns.  I really want to park this rig directly on the beach for a night or two.  Since we are still in the middle of holiday season I think we will find it wide open next week.  

Our timing was perfect to meet up with our long time friends from Chicago, Jodi & Dale, who are in visiting some friends that recently moved to the area.  We were able to find a spot just a few minutes from their friend's house and they all came out to the campground.  

We were "dry camping" for the 4th night, meaning no water or electrical hookups.  It was a bit more dusty/dirty than we like.  We prefer the heated pools and hot tubs! The kids weren't that into it but, once our friends showed up, we got the party started and had a blast! We had lots of laughs, drinks, apps and s'mores by the campfire.  We had such a great time.  

I look so short...I think I am standing downhill! LOL


and their friends Janet & Gary


The kids had fun playing with some long exposures on my camera...Jack made a peace sign with his flashlight purely on accident...or was it? Either way, it was definitely a sign, and one we all relate to!

So, we made it San Diego today!  The weather is beautiful so we wasted no time jumping on our bikes and heading off on a nice long bike ride thru the Mission Bay area and over to Pacific Beach.  We found a taco joint with the walls covered in surf boards and ate some authentic Mexican food for lunch.  We got a bit lost on the way over, but only on the scenic parts and I used my smart phone to get us back easily enough.  It is so nice having the bikes but we are picking up a rental car tomorrow as some place are just a bit to far to ride. 

I didn't lug my camera on the bike ride, just a couple of cell phone pics today.  

Cheers!
ice cream place on the beach, refueling for the ride back!

So nice to see so many familiar faces in California and there are a couple more from home on their own vacations (Robin & Deb) that I know I will see soon!  

And don't worry, as fabulou$ as California i$, I don't $ee u$ moving here anytime $oon.  For now, I am happy to take in all the wonderful $ight$!!

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment