Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tucson, AZ

January 15, 2014

Wow! This is my 50th post!  When I first created this blog, I tinkered around with it for a month so I would know how to use it when I hit the road.  I had no idea if I would be consistent with it or what it would be exactly.  I am so glad I did it because, without it, I'm not sure I would know where I was or what we have done!

Jan 14th

Pima Air & Space Museum is one of the largest air and space museums in the world, and the largest non-government funded aviation museum. There are more than 300 aircraft and spacecraft including many of the most historically significant and technically advanced craft ever produced, both from the United States and throughout the world.

I enjoyed the artsy painted planes. 



Scout was more than welcome to tour the entire museum and outside grounds that covered 80 acres.  The only problem was that Scout did not want to be there. He went outside and then just basically stopped and laid down.  He would not move.  We ended up bringing him back to the RV.  The thing is, it didn't take the rest of us that long to figure out that we were not that into it either.  Too much negative energy.  The kids came across a disturbing video of Viet Nam that they couldn't "un-see".


Top Gun

I'm just not into planes, trains or automobiles...don't get me wrong, I find them fascinating, but I also find Mt. Everest fascinating and have no desire to go or climb it.

We carried on to the RV park which boasted an Observatory.  We went to the Star Show tonight and got a very cool astronomy lesson. It features a Meade LX-200 GPS 16 inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope. This university quality installation is housed in a 15’ diameter electrically operated dome.  We got to see the moon, Jupiter, blue giants (massive stars with short lives) and red giant stars Red giants are (stars that have exhausted the supply of hydrogen in their cores) and a nebula.  It's almost a full moon so it wasn't the best time to be viewing stars but I really enjoyed it.

Tombstone, AZ tomorrow!

~Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment