Monday, January 6, 2014

Inquiring minds want to know...

One of our friends asked us:

Hi Hadwen Family---I am enjoying your travels----Now that you have made it to California---What has been the best place/experience for each of you? Also the worst place------seeing friends and spending time together doesn't count......

LINDA: I loved driving down the Pacific Coast Hwy. This has always been on my bucket list of things to do. However, I never quite imagined driving it in an RV...a convertible would have been more like it! I loved every quirky, California beach town from San Fran all the way to San Diego. My least favorite was having to spend any night at a truck stop.




TYLER: He says Graceland was his favorite...Elvis, rock and roll, the whole pink limo experience. His least favorite was Montezuma's Castle in New Mexico. They had a Jr Ranger program with "homework" and he got mad! LOL



JACK: His least Niagara Falls because it was cold and wet and we couldn't see anything! His favorite was seeing the elephant seals on the beach in San Simeon. He loved being so close to the animals in the wild!




SCOTT:  My least favorite was some/most of the Rt. 66 points of interest where
 we bottomed out the RV and bent the metal beam protecting the propane tank, but to top if off with viewing the Cadillac Ranch which was nothing more than a dump (of tons of empty spray paint cans and other trash), made it worse.  My favorite was El Capitan where we stayed for 5 days and I was able to relax in the warm sun.


Enjoying some downtime at Huntington Beach for a few days.


our white RV is above the fire, to the left.



  • ~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment