Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baby it's cold outside!

Jan 23-24


We were expecting some cold weather for Thursday and Friday so I thought it would be a good idea to find a nearby resort with a heated indoor pool/hot tub etc.  

We checked out of San Antonio and headed about 25 miles north to our next destination. We had a bit of time to kill so we stopped at Target, picked up a few things and while we were sitting in the parking lot, we were discussing lunch. I found a Greek Restaurant on Trip Advisor, and it was just out of our line of sight.  That was one of our better restaurant meals....yes, the Greeks know how to cook!  I even got some baklava to go.  A nice big lunch and we didn't even bother with dinner.  






I sent our friends from AZ a text saying where we would be and they ended up joining us here.  We got a spot right next to them, (Melissa and Jason along with Jack, Katie & Anna).  The kids were excited to see each other again and started playing in the rec room.  They had Wii, Xbox, fusbol, pool, ping pong...Melissa and I found some comfy chairs and chatted.  The guys went out on a beer run while we stayed back and went in the hot tub and the kids swam.  Once the kids were all done swimming they were in and out of the bathroom, showers, washing hair or not...but, Tyler eventually came out with just a towel on and with his back to us, he "flashed" and opened his towel in the opposite direction. We only saw his backside but for him to do it at all was hilarious...



Jack and Tyler went over to their RV to watch a movie and Scott and I hung out alone for awhile.  We were watching totally inappropriate Comedy Central shows and laughed until we cried! Here is a picture that Melissa texted me.

I got really cold overnight and icy! Our tiny space heater, along with the furnace set at 60 kept us warm enough.  We are getting low on propane so we prefer to use the electric heater. We have had lazy day today...the boys are finally out back at the pool and I am in baking some cookies as we are going next door for dinner tonight.  Thank goodness I did the shopping the other day and stocked up on my essential baking supplies.  

By late in the day, the sun started to come out and the kids were finally able to go play on the 2 bouncy "pillows" outside!


One of the kids is missing out on the fun! Where is Anna?
Scout making new friends too, with Katie.

This place has a really nice fire pit and plenty of wood alongside a smoker.  Jason cooked up 2 whole chickens for all of us along with home made bread,  and zucchini.  I rounded things out with my favorite black bean/corn/peach salsa recipe and chips and chocolate chip brownie cookies.  

Katie & London
I think Anna is avoiding the camera!
Tyler & Jack having some laughs... 
And this is what we found when we were finally ready to leave at 11pm! And there is Anna looking like Sleeping Beauty the DVD case looks like a crown on her head!
So even on the down days, or during inclement weather, or just driving all day, we are still making memories.  

Tyler did mention the other day that he expected this trip to be all sunshine...I said "you probably expected rainbows and unicorns too!" and he said, "yeah, pretty much!"  

I would say this trip has surpassed all my expectations and then some!

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment