Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hill Country, TX

Jan 26-29
Last night Scott made a big spaghetti dinner for everyone in our RV.  Dinner for 9 in 400 sq ft! We have been lazy about entertaining in our own home the last couple of years.  It always seems like so much work, but in reality, people come to see us...not count Scouts fur balls! (Way to throw the dog under the bus, I know!) 
For some reason we were talking about and missing our weekend waffles and they offered to loan us their waffle maker for the next morning. We declined because we were probably going to just do something quick since we were leaving. I have to admit, I was not at all surprised to have had a special delivery from Jack next door! He brought over a huge plate of waffles! They are such a kind and thoughtful family.  We have really enjoyed getting to know them over the weekend.
So, we were all set, packed up and ready to roll and I noticed water leaking, quite profusely from under our bed.  Of course, it was a Sunday, so change of plans and we ended up staying another day.  It was a beautiful day too! Nice warm sunshine, in the 70’s.  We took the kids on a walk, let them play etc.  We ended up going out to a fun Texas BBQ called Rudy’s with Jason and Melissa and the kids.  They were out anyway and Jason dropped his family at the restaurant and drove the couple miles to pick us up.  They are towing a Jeep Wrangler.  When it was time to leave, we decide to see if all 9 of us could fit in the Jeep…guess what? We did! 

Monday morning arrives and we head over to an RV sales and service center where we end up spending most of our day.  They had a nice lounge so the 5 of us just hung out and worked on schoolwork etc.  Along with a couple of leaks that got fixed, it turns out we have a cracked water tank.  This means we can’t carry that much fresh water with us and we always have to be at an RV park hooked up to a water source. It will be fine and it’s covered under our warranty so we will get it fixed upon our return home.  If we waited for a new tank, it could be 2 weeks or so.  No thanks!
We hit the road and I was reviewing the bill getting more and more annoyed. Our portion was a propane refill and oil change and it was VERY expensive.  A few minutes later my cell phone rang and we had to go back because they forgot to collect our deductible for the covered expenses.  I was happy because I was able to speak up about the bill I just paid.  Definitely my mother’s daughter, I was right and they admitted to the mistake and fixed it.  So, my bill was reduced by 30%.  
We checked into another local San Antonio RV park because after shopping and everything else, it was getting late.  As Scott was getting us hooked up, we had no water hose! Those bozos used our hose and never returned it to us. So 5 minutes after the RV Office closed, I was banging on the door and the lady was so nice to let me in and hooked me up with a new hose.  It is going to get pretty cold tonight and start a freezing rain tomorrow. While outside, we met our neighbor, Mr. Cooper.  He was so nice and wrapped up our hosing really good so they wouldn't freeze overnight.  
So, it looks like a couple more down days, which is fine.  Scott is feeling like he might be coming down with something so he probably needs some rest anyway.
The kids and I hung out in the game room playing pool, monopoly and dominoes and gave Scott some quiet time. I even cooked dinner, so he must be sick! Of course the next day, I'm not feeling too great either.  So I spend all day in bed, just achy, fever none of the bad stuff...kids were feeling feverish and achy too.  In the morning, while I was still in bed and Tyler was calling me saying "Dad's acting weird" when he said it the second time, I ran out and saw him fainting into the dinette seat.  He came to quickly and it was probably just a lack of food.  He is fine, thank goodness! 

So, we are all on the mend. Needless to say, we were quite happy to leave San Antonio finally.  We are back with our friends Melissa & Jason and kids on the beach looking forward to warm weather the next couple of days.

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment