Thursday, January 2, 2014

San Diego Zoo

January 2, 2014

I was awakened at midnight by the sound of our RV door slamming.  I jumped right out of bed thinking at first someone had tried to open the wrong camper.  I saw that Tyler's bed was a big pile of of fluffy comforter, unsure whether he was in it or not.

I figured I would look outside first and could check his bed after.  Low and behold, he was outside and was walking away...sleepwalking.  Nothing gets past a Mom and, most likely, we just forgot to lock the door last night.  He was pretty surprised he did this after I told him about it this morning!

A similar thing happened when we were kids camping.  Back then, my parents has a separate tent and they came to check on us and my sister, or was it me?was not in their cot.  We were staying on the water and my folks were frantically searching only to find my sister under the cot, she fell off and rolled out of sight!

Off to the San Diego Zoo today...the only "theme park" on this trip's agenda.  I have been wanting to come here for a long time...we love pandas and polar bears and I did see them.  I think my expectations were too high of the zoo though.  It wasn't easy to navigate, it was very steep and the walkways were quite narrow.  On the plus side, you are much closer to the animals.  We saw the highlights, not everything...I have been to enough zoo's for awhile.  













so human-like
love the heart nose

crescent moon tonight
I do love San Diego as it is very easy to navigate.  Everything is with 5-8 miles of where we are staying.  There has not been any traffic and the weather, did I mention this lovely weather? It was quite warm all day, then once the sun sets it cools off quickly!  We see all the snow back home...hope you are all staying warm and you have enough milk and bread!

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment