Saturday, January 4, 2014

Cuddly pandas, sunsets & reality!

January 4, 2014

It's not all cuddly pandas and glorious sunsets. I didn't think I had much to say about yesterday, but, apparently I do! I will share our day as it really was. 
I got a nice pic of Ty & Scott!

I expected to get up and out to either Torrey Pines or Coronado today so I jumped in the shower.  It took forever for the water to heat up and when I did get in, the nozzle only reached my shoulder.  In order to rinse my hair I was practically doing back bends.  Kind of like the time in Big Sur where I was in a handicapped shower stall.  I looked in and saw a high nozzle and a low one.  I put a token in and the water only came out the low nozzle so I took that shower on my knees.  What is it with me and my showers? Jeez! I do learn my lessons though and I have not forgotten a towel twice!

Next up, a quick couple loads of laundry. There are 4 washer/dryer pairs in 2 separate buildings here. They are ALWAYS busy. I had to get my mind into stealth mode and take ownership of one pair if I was ever going to get any laundry done. Do or die, now or never! These ladies are ruthless and I swear they have a stopwatch! I snuck in and got 1 washer.  When I came back they were discussing how I was doing laundry all morning....bunch of bullies! I unloaded the wet and reloaded the same machine telling them how I have a husband AND 2 kids that get dirty and go thru too many clothes.  I got a touch of sympathy, but still gave up my washer after the second load.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Scott was cooking up breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage and OJ. Dirty dishes, computers, nooks, phones, cameras and all their corresponding cords are everywhere!

This place needs a good cleaning! Scott heads out to grocery shop and I kick the rest if the crew outside! The kids are huddled over a computer laughing their butts off while Scout is laying in some wet dirt. I'm on my hands and knees washing the floor, vacuuming, dishes, laundry etc. I give the kids the long runner rug to shake out and they go crazy. So wild and laughing hysterically playing tug of war with the rug!  Proof that they don't need toys and stuff...they can make their own fun out of a paper bag!

I no sooner finish and sit down and they all want to come back in and Scott arrives home with the groceries and Nana calls not liking the story about Tyler escaping in his sleep! Calgon take me away...2 minutes, that's all I ask, 2 minutes to enjoy a clean place before everyone gets their muddy paws all over it! LOL  

I spend the rest if the day reading and napping until it's just about sunset. We all head out at around 4pm to go to Sunset Cliffs. This has to be the best spot got a sunset photo, right? There is a traditional wedding going on along with a commitment ceremony, surfers are out, the only thing missing is the actual sunset. It was a hazy bust!





We all need our "down days" even if it is in San Diego. There is still so much more to see but we can't do it all. We have to save some things for another trip!

~Linda


4 comments:

  1. Take a close look at the tall buildings of San Diego and let me know if you notice a theme...need a hint: tool box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this had me in tears laughing. Especially about showering on your knees. I could picture the whole scene in my head of you on your hands and knees cleaning the RV, the kids tug-o-war over the rug. OMG so funny.

    ReplyDelete