Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What a ride!

What began on a whim, turned into the best days of our life.  Driving into the sunset watching the landscape change put a smile on our faces everyday.  We had nowhere we needed to be, no one expecting us, no time constraints, not a care in the world.  People would ask for how long we would be gone and my only reasonable answer was anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months...lucky us, we were out for 4 ½ months! 

A huge "Thank You" to our friends for taking in mail, plowing us out (80+ inches of snow) and keeping on eye on things while we were gone! We live in the best neighborhood!

This was a once in a lifetime trip.  We will never be in this exact situation again where we can easily homeschool the kids, have our Scout with us and just like the NH State motto, Live Free or Die!  To experience all these different places with the ones I love the most, making memories that will last a lifetime, has been priceless.  

I never took for granted how lucky I am in the spouse department, and it has become clearer everyday just how lucky me and the boys are.  Scott was our rock.  He was the driver, the shopper, the RV maintenance guy.  He was the chef extraordinaire (homemade bread anyone?), keeping our bellies full, and all of us healthy.  He was the educator; teaching them math, showing them educational videos and discussing science, technology, and history to open their minds.  He was the chief fire builder and teacher, he kept us warm, he kept us safe.  He gets the boys showered, he braids my hair.  

Many of you have asked what we would have done differently.  It's hard to say because we never had a plan.  I think everything worked out well, we experienced so many different things but left plenty of undiscovered gems out there to be lured out again!  

I am so happy that I stuck with this blog, and took lots of photos.  It was a ton of work and along with planning the trip as we went, it took up a lot of my downtime.  Thank you to all my family and friends who told me they were reading it, looking forward to it and loved it. That's what kept me on track and focused.  

Every family has a story, and this is ours.  Thanks for following on our journey.  I truly hope we have inspired others to take their own journeys. When you do, I will be there following right along!



By the numbers...

1 crab dinner
5 cowboy hats
6 lost teeth
23 states 
77 blog posts
135 days on the road
1,150 gallons of gas
6,500 photos
11,000 miles
One Grand Adventure: Priceless!


~Linda, Scott, Jack & Tyler along with Scout

No comments:

Post a Comment