Friday, March 7, 2014

St. Augustine, FL

March 6-7

We finally made it back to the Atlantic Ocean.  We drove up A1A from Daytona into St Augustine.  It was not the prettiest of days, cloudy and a bit rainy and very New England type of weather, but not the thunder and lightening storm we were expecting.  


Last night, we had a great time catching up with our former neighbors and the kids favorite babysitter, the Hann Family. We enjoyed a great meal and lots of laughs.


We went to see our old babysitter, Aubrey.  We went in their house and it was so futuristic!  3D TV, lights used by the internet, and stuff like that.  Her Dad made us dinner.  It was ribs, potatoes, and chicken.  Tyler, Aubrey and I left the table and let the adults talk.  We played a board game called Brain-O-Matic.  The only it was just like Sorry, but different theme.  The hardest question said “With what do you walk the dog, and go around the world”.  It seemed more like a riddle to me, but I got it.  The answer was a yoyo.  Once I won, we ate some Key Lime Pie.  Oh mama, it was good.  I started hanging my head and stumbling.  I was ready to go back into the RV.  I was reading really late, when everyone was sleeping and then I heard someone say “I don’t care!”  I looked down from my loft and saw Tyler, another one of his sleepwalking nights.  Like two other times, he went for the door and tried to escape.  I told him he couldn’t leave but he didn’t hear me.  Like the two other times, my Mom rushed down and convinced Tyler he was sleepwalking and walked him to bed.  The next morning, we told Tyler about his escape plan over another creative meal my Dad made.  It was scramble eggs held inside a ring of pepper.  It was great.  We went to the house, and our good-byes. 
~Jack




The kids played Brain-o-matic with Aubrey while we finished up dinner with Bill.  I heard lots of laughing and giggling going on, just like the old days!  Tyler wasn't sure if Aubrey would still be fun.  He was happy to report, that yes, she was still fun!

Tyler told her he remembered the forts that they used to make in the basement. She was surprised that they remembered that!  She said they were the best fort makers...the big basement and lots of pillows and blankets helped! Funny enough, Tyler built a fort around our dinette on the way into Georgia.

It's hard to believe that Aubrey is finishing up nursing school this summer and Bryce is headed into his junior year of college studying mechanical engineering. They have always been great, smart, respectful kids and have turned out to be the same as adults.  I loved seeing them all so happy and doing well in Florida.

Thanks for your hospitality and all the best to you all!

~Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment