Saturday, February 8, 2014

Galveston, TX

February 6, 2014

From Port Lavaca we drove about 130 miles north to Galveston Island.  Now, this place has to be awesome in the warmer weather! We are literally beachfront again.  The resort even has an infinity pool with hot-tub which is currently at 102 degrees! I'm just not brave enough to run for my life to jump in because it would create a whole other stress of getting out - wet! It kind of defeats the purpose of a relaxing spa! We have been lucky to find amazing places to stay, but, I think we would be hard pressed to find anything during high season.  These places book up months in advance and we are just winging it!  As much as we would love to stay, the weather is just not that nice.

Last night, I saw a glimmer of sky and decided to take Scout out for his walk. I had 3 layers of coats on, gloves and a scarf and did manage to capture a nice pic of Scout.  We will go check out the pier before we leave...it was quite far away from where I was standing but looks like a lot of fun.




Friday, Feb 7

We are back into driving mode with another 220 miles today into central Louisiana.  Before leaving the island, I wanted one quick, closer look at the pier. Getting off Galveston Island, we needed to take another free shuttle across.  This one was a bit longer and we were able to get out of the car and see some dolphins jumping thru the water along with various types of ships and other vessels.



on the ferry


During the drive, Scott and I almost had a heart attack.  Out of no where, it sounded like the Polar Express Train was bearing down on us with the most urgent and loudest train whistle we have ever heard! And, there was Tyler, all proud of himself for getting the truck driver next to us to pull down on his whistle. I think my heart was racing for a good 5 minutes.

Again, we found another fantastic park with pools, watersides, full mini golf and a small movie theatre.  Again, I just wish it was warm! Tonight they are showing Monsters University in the theatre so we will check it out.  It seems like all the movies are for kids...I thought only old people went RV'ing...hahaha

In the Movie Theatre

With all the horror pics of the bathrooms at Sochi Olympics,  I'm #winning

Off to New Orleans today!

~Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment