Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

February 14, 2014

Today, we are on an island, and we’re staying here for a few days.  We went down to the beach, and it looked like some kind of building was there because it had a bunch of wood sticking out of the sand and some cement bricks too.  Then we started heading back, because we were going on a bike ride.  As we were heading back, my Dad was looking for some mushrooms.  He didn’t find much though.  I got on my new sneakers because my old ones were all soggy, wet, and never dried out.  We biked over to Pelican Point and there were a lot of pelicans!  My Mom said the moon was going to rise, and the sun was going to set here, and she needed a different camera.  We headed back and my Mom went back, this time with a coat.  Valentines was the day after, so I started righting the valentines.  Conveniently, I had rocks with hearts on them that I found on a different beach.  The next day, we all gave each other cards that we made.  My Mom gave me a panda card.  I gave my parents some and even my brother.  My Dad posted something on my Mom’s wall on Facebook.  I was really hoping it wouldn’t get emotional, but it sort of did.  I just looked away and played my video games.
~Jack
Jack was first up this morning to pass out his hand made Valentines. One for me,


For Scott


And this one for Tyler, titled the 3 Reasons why I like you.





I was able to make these and have them printed at the 1 hour photo :)



Tyler couldn't even finish reading his aloud, he was a bit emotional :)


I got a love letter on Facebook from Scott for the whole world to see, so I will post it here again so I have as part of our blog.

Linda, 
For over 13 years my love for you has grown as well as my friendship. I remember the day when you walked down that isle and I cried so uncontrollably as my love for you filled my heart and looking at how beautiful you were. I thought I was the luckiest man alive. Now 13 years later, I love you more and you are more beautiful than ever. I watch you with our two beautiful boys and realize not only are you still my perfect bride, but the perfect most loving, wonderful mother of our children.

When we started on this journey across this country, many people couldn't image spending 24/7 with their kids and their spouse. I had no doubt about our decision because our family was made from pure love. With this love we can endure anything and everything.
Happy Valentines Day to my true love and best friend,
Scott

Scott and I were reminiscing about Valentine's Day 10 yrs ago.  He bought me a minivan and I was expecting Tyler!  Shortly thereafter, I said lets go on a road trip! We met my sister and her family in Florida and brought the dog.  I remember saying NEVER AGAIN! More because the dog panted in our faces the entire way, but, it was just a long ride.  Look at us now! haha


Enjoying this little island we are on. More on that in another post.

Happy Valentine's Day!
XXOO
~Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment